Rural School Cloud
This project seeks to explore the possibilities of open, cloud-based & Web 2.0 approaches and materials in order to improve learning and networking among students and teachers from schools in rural and / or isolated areas of Europe.
- Develop a flexible, rich and cost effective solution based on the shared knowledge from ICT based solutions and initiatives in rural/island areas (Spain, Italy, Denmark, UK, Greece, Macedonia).
- Experiment with ICT tools and educational approaches at different educational levels in a network of distant schools
- Strengthen the link between families and school
- Provide training to rural / island teachers inspiring them to use ICT for school and professional development
- Promote a connected community of practice at European level regarding learning in a rural school context.
This project will run from December 2013 to November 2015
- Teachers in rural / island schools
- School networks
- Students from elementary, primary and secondary education in rural / island schools.
Our consortium counts on relevant actors in the fields of education: Universities, training providers, local administrations and technological institutions.
- Galicia Supercomputing Centre (Spain)
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- Devon Local Authority (United Kingdom)
- Developmental Centre Of Thessaly (Greece)
- VIA University College (Denmark)
- Provincia di Parma (Italy)
- Macedonian Institute for Integration (FYR Macedonia)
With the active collaboration with at least 10 schools and networks of schools from rural and island regions in Europe, as well as regional administrations (Xunta de Galicia, Gobierno de la Rioja, Spain) and ICT companies (Balidea, Hewlett Packard).
- Analysis of the situation of rural / island schools in Europe
- Development of a pedagogical approach and technological solution
- Collaborative development of contents, learning and teaching strategies, training materials
- Testing the solution in at least 10 rural & island schools in Europe (Spain, UK, Greece, Italy, Denmark, FYR of Macedonia)
- Evaluation and improvement of the proposed approach, tools, strategies.
- Dissemination and exploitation of the results and experience.
Official website: http://rsc1.asxmedia.com/
Project Flyer (pdf)